Monday, February 2, 2009

One month at a time...

Sense this was art related I'm moving part of my new year resolution over.
Simple - try to complete at least one painting/picture a month. Of course, more if I have the time.

January:
I wanted to do my sirens but I really don't think they would have looked good in anything other than oils (maybe I'll get some unique inspiration later). Unfortunately, my oil colors are limited in range. So this one got put on the shelf titled "to finish later". Okay, I set it on the floor next to it because that shelf is full.
Don't you judge me!
Here's the sketch from my original blog -

My aunt commented and asked if I was going to follow the original mythology (which they were birds in )or if I was going to play with the modern mermaid myths. I made up my own story to go with them. Their structure steams from a squid which has a very sharp beak under it's tentacle's that it eats with.

Don't look under these girls skirts you might not live!

No comments:

Post a Comment