Sunday, February 8, 2009

A new toy!

Yeah, that's right I'm putting this in my art blog. Why? Well because it was purchased for my art. Now I can give my friend his camera back as well as take better macro pictures. This is very important for good Etsy photos, because you need your pictures to showcase your work.

Here's my little beaut, she's a FujiFilm Finepix J10:
I was lucky this camera was under $100, but that doesn't mean that every digital camera is created equally. You need to know what is important and what you need your camera to do. I needed my camera to take very good macro pictures, for the price I was paying, so I played with every camera. To do this you need to know how to operate those features that you need (the Internet is full all this info). It is possible to purchase a good digital camera for under $100 but don't settle for just any sale either.

Also, something I learned and that should be kept in mind - people touch these cameras. Not only touch, but beat up. I went to four stores and at two the FujiFilm that your looking at worked beautifully and at the other two they were pretty messed up. This does affect how the camera takes any tester pictures. All the same reasons you don't want to purchase the floor model - they only give you 10% off and it's usually hanging on it's last leg. DON'T PURCHASE FLOOR MODELS.

No comments:

Post a Comment