Sunday, February 15, 2009

Artwork by Mary Lundberg.


Strange but interesting, my dreams this morning included Mary's work. I don't remember the particulars of the dreams but I woke up with a huh! Unfortunately, this did not give me any intriguing ideas on what to write. So I guess it's a good thing her art will take you on it's own ride.


Mary Lundberg currently lives and works from Des Moines, Iowa. She finds her inspiration from things that could and should exist in the physical realm.
Of course, she's not crazy. She doesn't do drugs, though on her Myspace she says that she doesn't need them thanks to the fumes from the paints. Ah, paint fumes what would we do without you?

Her recent work is done by mixing her traditional medium of oil paint or ebony pencil with digital. She's also working on some performance/installation/video, but that's on the low, keep up by checking her website.
Her quirky, sassy personality only add to the work which I'm told is really her dogs doing but she takes all the credit.

If you want to give her artwork a home you can purchase her work here. Of course, if all her work sells online she might miss the free cheese at gallery openings.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this! I am happy to have been introduced to your blog!

    ReplyDelete