Sunday, March 1, 2009

Experimentation!

I played with something new today, yupo watercolor paper. It's a watercolor paper with a wax finish so the watercolor is suppose to just slosh around. It will take some getting use to but this was my result. I just used a sketch that I've been contemplating painting so it was a double experimentation.


I'm not completely happy (though I do like the way the water looks in some areas) with these results but I'm gonna keep playing around with it and see what happens.

4 comments:

  1. You are having tremendously better results with yupo than I. I decided I hate yupo, but now you have me rethinking it. Very nice effects, and it very much goes with the water theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, yupo is definately a play with paper before you get serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried yupo paper, yet! I really like your results. Have you tried painting watercolour over gessoed paper? Very interesting to work with plus you get the brushstrokes used in applying the gesso. Also fun/frustrating to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks paint1chris, I actually have some of that gessoed paper hiding somewhere around my house. I think it's time to play with that!

    ReplyDelete